For the frosting:
• 85g unsalted butter, softened
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 200g icing sugar, sifted
• Natural green food colouring (for Christmas trees), sweets, sprinkles and white chocolate stars
• Milk and white chocolate buttons and natural colouring icing pens, available at Asda
1. Heat oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cake cases. Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix with a whisk until smooth. Spoon the mix into the cases, bake for 25 minutes until golden and risen and a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
2. For the frosting, beat the butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar until pale and creamy and completely combined. To make snowmen, reindeer and Christmas puddings, first spread the icing over the top of each cake. Then lay the chocolate buttons on top, slicing some buttons into quarters to make ears and hats. Finally, use icing pens for the details. For the Christmas tree, colour the icing with green food colouring and pipe onto the cakes using a star-shaped nozzle, decorate with sweets, sprinkles and white chocolate stars.