Try James Martin’s pancake recipe with a wicked chocolate sauce for Pancake Day from the BBC Good Food website.
For the pancakes:
85g/3oz self-raising flour
1 free-range egg
300ml/½ pint milk (approx)
For the chocolate sauce:
55g/2oz caster sugar
splash hot water
30g/1¼oz cocoa powder
– To make the pancakes, whisk the flour, egg and milk in a bowl to make a batter.
– Heat the oil in a pancake pan and ladle the mixture in. Allow the mixture to coat the pan and fry the pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
– Repeat to make further pancakes.
– For the sauce, whisk the sugar, water and cocoa together in a small pan over a gentle heat. Add extra water depending on how thick you require the sauce.
– To serve, transfer the pancakes to a serving plate and drizzle the chocolate sauce over.
Recipe and image taken from BBC Good Food website.
Borrow our Touch to See book Mr Wolf’s Pancakes