Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up on the sofa with a good book. We’ve got plenty of Christmas titles and classics to keep children of all ages entertained in the run up to the big day.
We asked some of our team to tell you about their favourite wintry books and why they are perfect Christmas reading. Watch them here:
Our library is completely free and you can borrow for up to 3 months.
Other classic titles which are always popular whatever the time of year include:
- Cinderella: An Art Deco Love Story by Lynn Roberts and David Roberts. The classic tale given a twist with beautiful illustrations.
- Peter and the Wolf retold by Ian Beck. A traditional tale retold with stunning illustrations. As an added bonus you can introduce your child to the instruments of the orchestra through Prokofiev’s classic piece “Peter and the Wolf” (Topical Pack “Exploring Music”).
- The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo’s Child by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. Need no introduction – everyone loves the not-so-scary Gruffalo!
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury. Another classic tale with the added fun of joining in with all the squelching, splashing and screaming!
- Gorilla by Anthony Browne. A thought-provoking story for slightly older children about a lonely little girl and a magical night she spends with a friendly gorilla.
These are just a few suggestions, for book picture books for blind children visit our library