The Living Paintings Trust Privacy Statement
- Questions and changes
- About The Living Paintings Trust now Living Paintings
- What personal information we collect about you and how we use it
- Data from third parties
- Information Living Paintings shares with other organisations
- Information created by Living Paintings
- Special category or sensitive personal data
- Legal basis
- You are in control
- How we protect your personal data
- Your rights
- Glossary of terms
1. WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
We ensure as a minimum that we use your data in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data. This policy explains:
- What data Living Paintings may collect about you.
- How we will use that data.
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else.
- How we manage your personal data – security, storage and retention.
- Your choices regarding the data you provide to us.
2. QUESTIONS AND CHANGES
Any questions you have in relation to this policy or how we use your personal information should be sent to email@example.com or addressed to The Office Manager, The Living Paintings Trust, Unit 8 Kingsclere Park, Kingsclere, Newbury, RG20 4SW.
Please note that from time to time we may need to amend or update this policy, for example if there is a change in the way that we use personal information or because of updates to the law. You should periodically check this website to make sure that you have seen the most up to date version of this policy.
3. ABOUT THE LIVING PAINTINGS TRUST
Your personal data will be collected and used by the following party
- Living Paintings, charity no. 1049103
Living Paintings is based at Queen Isabelle House, Unit 8 Kingsclere Park, Kingsclere, Newbury, Berkshire REG20 4SW.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
As a valued supporter of Living Paintings we collect personal information about you. Your data is stored on our library and supporter databases and occasionally in hard copy. It is used for administration, communication and marketing purposes in the following ways:
4.1 When you give us information
When you engage with us as a supporter and or beneficiaries we may ask for personal information when you;
- register as a library member with us
- apply to become a volunteer
- make a donation to us
- engage with our social media or communication services
- or provide us with personal information in any other way. This information may include:
- Your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial data (such as bank account details provided by you and whether donations are gift-aided. See Section 12).
- A record of the financial donations that you have made and data about your tax status for Gift Aid purposes.
- Details of your indicated interests, opinions, preferences and the ways you support or have supported us – eg in relation to any campaigns, events or fundraising schemes you have participated in. When you receive a communication we may collect data about how you respond to or interact with that communication, and this may affect how we communicate with you in future.
- Details of how you benefit from our service e.g. what touch to see books you have on loan.
When you provide your personal information to Living Paintings, please ensure that it is accurate and up to date. This will allow us to contact you and deal with your donations, questions or provide you with data about our work more effectively. Please get in touch if you would like to change the personal details that we hold about you by contacting our office at the address provided in paragraph 11.1.
4.2 When you use Living Paintings website
When you use our website we collect data about the services and features you use and how you use them, including how you interact with its content and any campaigns.
- To allow us to collect statistical and performance data about how the website is used. We may collect geolocation data about your geographic location, the mobile device that is used and to confirm what browser you are using, and computer operating systems that are being used. This data doesn’t contain any identifiable information about people. We use this data to improve the functionality of our website and ensure you have a good experience when browsing it.Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pixel cookies are used to collect data about which sections of the website are accessed by people who are registered users of these social media services. These service providers collect this data, which then allows Living Paintings to reach new audiences. Living Paintings only has access to aggregated data from these companies, not identifiable personal information.
4.3 When you use social media
When you view information published by Living Paintings using social media hosted across various platforms, we will collect and receive information that provides aggregate data relating to items such as video views, demographics and location data. Sources of this data may include:
- Sound Cloud
Identifiable personal information about people who access these platforms maybe collected in order to allow Living paintings to reach and market new audiences.
5. DATA FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may sometimes collect additional data about you from other organisations or companies that provide data from publicly available sources, so we can make it easier for you to support Living Paintings by providing you with details about the types of activities and services we can offer. We ensure that such data is only collected from legitimate sources on a lawful, fair and transparent basis in accordance with applicable data protection law.
The data about you that we may collect from third parties can include:
- Your name, postal address, phone number, email address, for example from Just Giving which is our online service for making donations.
Also, we use companies that provide us with library and contact management systems who solely hold data and do not use it for any purpose. We make sure that your information is handled securely and only stored for as long as necessary, just as if we were handling it ourselves.
6. INFORMATION THE LIVING PAINTINGS TRUST SHARES WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We may disclose information to third parties or individuals, when we are obliged to by law or a regulatory order, or when one or more of the following apply:
- If you have specifically agreed that we may share your personal information to those third parties or individuals for a particular purpose.
- When we use other companies (known as ‘data processors’) to provide services on our behalf who are only processing personal information in accordance with our instructions. For example, companies that provide: direct mailing or marketing services that send material to you by post.
- Processing credit/debit card payments. Living Paintings Trust sometimes process donations by credit card. The credit card transactions are made via a Verifone terminal, using secure debit and credit card processing services that are provided by First Data in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. Following completion of the transaction card details are not held at the Charity, but are destroyed within 24 hours.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our library membership demographics to prospective partners, other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes – these statistics do not include any information that identifies individuals.
7. INFORMATION CREATED BY LIVING PAINTINGS
We complete internal research and analysis of your personal data. We do this by:
7.1 Internal research
We complete research by analysing our library membership, so as to identify trends in terms of common characteristics and geographical location. Having this information allows us to better understand our services to our beneficiaries and improve the services we provide to them. By doing this, we ensure beneficiaries are only provided with the communications which are important to them, and that our charity resources are used in the most cost effective way.
To achieve this, we analyse library membership data by grouping people together in terms of common characteristics in order to offer more relevant and tailored information, services and communications.
For supporters of our charity, we keep track of the amount, frequency and value of each person’s support in order to offer more relevant and tailored information, services and communications.
We may also research supporters who we believe can become significant financial supporters of work undertaken by Living Paintings, including well-known or influential people and grant making Trusts and Foundations. We make sure that the sources we use are reputable public databases such as Companies House, mainstream news outlets or other reliable media sources. These sources include:
- Company Guide to Giving DSC
- Sunday Times Rich Lists
- Other Special Rich Lists
- The Charity Commission
We will make sure that we do not use data about individuals that is clearly intended to be private or collect information in a privacy intrusive manner that would not reasonably be expected by you. We will also inform you of this use as soon as is reasonably possible.
8. SPECIAL CATEGORY OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We do collect and store what’s known as ‘special category’ or ‘sensitive’ personal information about beneficiaries – this includes data relating to someone’s disability, ethnic origin and age.
- This information is anonymised for analysis with the sole purpose of providing statistical data:
- to review and develop services to beneficiaries
- to support funding applications where provision of this data is requirement
- There may also be occasions when you share a story about you or a third party’s experience of using Living Paintings resources and the positive impacts you have experienced. These may include sensitive personal information relevant to Living Paintings to be used in a campaign or related marketing. When your information is collected in this way we will anonymise your story before sharing. On occasions where we may wish to use your story for a specific campaign, we will tell you how your information will be used and obtain your explicit consent to use it in this way.
Living Paintings will not knowingly contact anyone under the age of 18 to ask them for donations or other forms of financial contribution.
We would like to give young people the opportunity to be involved in areas of our work that affect their lives. To achieve this, we may sometimes send email and Facebook communications about campaigns that relate specifically to children and young people aged 13–17 years.
Living Paintings will not knowingly send communications about campaigns to children aged 12 years or under.
10. LEGAL BASIS
Living Paintings relies on the following legal conditions that are described in the EU General Data Protection Regulation to use your personal information in the ways described in this privacy notice:
- Legal obligations: where we are under a legal obligation to process your personal data for a particular purpose. For example, obligations we have to hold information about donations or manage Gift Aid information in compliance with applicable tax laws. We may also sometimes need to process personal information for the purpose of us being able to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend legal claims.
- Legitimate interest: where we have a legitimate interest. This is the legal basis that we rely on to send information and marketing by post, email or telephone when you take part in supporting and/or benefiting from Living Paintings by making a donation, or requesting information about our work, marketing, campaigns and events or other services.We will also have a legitimate interest in being able to use and process personal information for internal administrative purposes, and when it is necessary to take measures to protect our IT network and data security or to protect ourselves (and our beneficiaries and supporters) from risks to our charity such as fraud, criminal conduct or reputational damage.
When processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest, we will make sure that it is exercised proportionately and is always balanced against the privacy rights and other legal rights you have as an individual.
10.1 Service provision, marketing, campaigning and fundraising
We provide direct marketing and fundraising communications to library members and supporters which includes news, information and data about:
- The Living Paintings Trust and the services we provide to children, young people and adults, related events and campaigns.
- Opportunities to volunteer Appeals and fundraising (including donations, competitions, raffles and similar promotional activities).
- Our events and activities.
- Leaving a legacy.
With regard to fundraising Living Paintings relies on donations and support from others to continue its work helping blind and partially sighted children and adults all over the UK. Being able to contact you for marketing and campaigning purposes is an important part of our fundraising activity and purpose.
Fundraising is an important part of our marketing, but we will not share your data with any other organisation, individual or company to allow them to use your personal information for marketing or campaigning purposes.
10.2 Anonymised data
We may aggregate and anonymise personal information so that it can no longer be linked to any particular person. This anonymised data can be used for a variety of purposes (such as making applications to Grant Making Trusts) or to identify trends or patterns within our existing beneficiary base. This data helps inform our actions and improve our campaigns, services and materials.
11. YOU ARE IN CONTROL
You can change your personal information and preferences about how we contact you whenever you choose.
11.1 How to change or stop us contacting you by post, telephone, email or text message
You can change your contact preferences at any time by contacting our team at The Living Paintings Trust, Queen Isabelle House, Unit 8 Kingsclere Park, Kingsclere, Newbury, Berkshire REG20 4SW or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01635 299771.
11.2 How to unsubscribe from Living Paintings email newsletters and other communications.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from Living Paintings, please email us as follows:
- Library members please email LibraryUnsubscribe@livingpaintings.org
- All other individuals please email OthersUnsubscribe@livingpaintings.org
12. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Living Paintings is totally committed to the importance of keeping your information safe. We employ a variety of physical, organisational and technical measures to ensure we do this, and prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of your personal information.
Electronic data and databases that contain library membership and supporter personal data are stored on secure computer systems and we manage who has access to that data (using both physical and electronic means). We have a set of detailed data protection procedures and policies which staff must follow when handling personal information.
All hard-copy records and data are managed securely in lockable and access-restricted storage.
12.1 Payment security
All electronic forms that request financial data will use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt the data between your browser and our servers.
If you use a credit card to donate your debit/credit card details are entered into a secure Verifone terminal which is processed by First Data who comply with the payment card industry data security standard (PCI-DSS) published by the PCI Security Standards Council. We do not store any payment card information.
We cannot guarantee the security of your home computer or any information sent over the internet or any publicly accessible communications network and using any online communications services are at the user’s own risk.
Where we store personal information:
Living Paintings is based in the UK. Where data is shared with some organisations and companies that provide services to us we have put other legally appropriate safeguards and/or contracts in place to ensure that your data is adequately protected in accordance with EU privacy standards.
13.1 How long we store data
We will only use and store personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for.
Personal information that we no longer need is securely disposed of and/or anonymised so you can no longer be identified from it. Some personal information may be retained by us in archives for historical research purposes, although we will do this in a manner that complies with applicable data protection law.
We continually review what personal information and records we hold, and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card data.
14. YOUR RIGHTS
As part of our commitment to you we want to make sure that you are able to make your own choices about how we use your personal information. Part of this is making sure you understand your data protection rights, which are set out as follows:
- You have certain rights of access in relation to your personal information. We will confirm whether or not we have your data and, if we do, provide a copy of the personal information we hold and other information about how we process your information within relevant timescales (usually a month for simple requests and timescales can be extended for complex requests) (Right of Access – Data Subject Access Request).
- The right to have your personal information that we no longer need erased from our records (Right to be Forgotten).
- The right to have inaccurate personal information amended (Right to Rectification). The right to ask us to stop using your information in certain situations (Right to Restrict Processing).
- The right to object to your personal information being used for marketing or profiling (Right to Object).
- A right (in certain circumstances) to have a copy of your personal information provided for reuse in another service (Right to Data Portability).
If you would like further details about your rights or would like to exercise them, please write to our office at:
email@example.com or addressed to The Living Paintings Trust, Queen Isabelle House, Unit 8 Kingsclere Park, Kingsclere, Newbury, Berkshire REG20 4SW.
We reserve the right to ask for further information to verify your identity (or clarify the information that you are seeking) when we receive such a request.
If you are dissatisfied with the response from Living Paintings you can contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524 510
15. GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Any data that identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally.
Refers to The Living Paintings Trust in this document.