What’s that zooming out of the pit lane at 270mph? Cue Formula 1 car sound effects and crowds cheering! It’s our new online resource for blind and partially sighted 7-13 year olds to help them learn about, explore and enjoy the world of vehicles and transport. Inside the Super Transport Discovery Hub you will find:
– our tactile and audio reading recommends on transport for pre-school, Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 to support reading for pleasure and provide fun learning experiences
– ideas for activities and play on a transport theme with a visual impairment in mind – including crafts, cooking, music listening, movement and fun experiments
– educational resources that help parents, teachers and carers get the most out of using our tactile and audio books on transport with their children
– evocative audio samples from our transport books so you can get a feel for our audio description and storytelling
– suggestions for fun stuff to do and great places to visit on a transport theme with accessibility in mind
Our Touch to See books on a transport theme are packed with cars, lorries, farm machinery, superhero rescue vehicles, bikes, boats, planes and much more. Plus they are all accompanied by our unique audio descriptions with exciting sound effects and music. Explore the Super Transport Hub whilst borrowing the transport tactile and audio books from our library.